As I write this, It’s Monday morning and the week is already shaping up to be quite exhausting. But I’m ready to face the week head on! Fortunately, I have an easy Valentine’s day treat in my back pocket. This blueberry yogurt parfait is going to be a winner…
We use dairy free yogurt, but it took us a lot of trial and error to find a brand that we actually enjoy. Our favorite is Forager yogurt and once we discovered it, we became unstoppable. We use this baby in everything!
What Do You Eat on Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s day isn’t technically a “real” holiday, so you can make it what you want it to be! It is a day meant to celebrate love, whether that be between you and your significant other, kids, fur kids, parents or just a best friend! There are no rules.
The kids and I have a traditoin of making a heart shaped pizza for Valentine’s dinner. But now that they are getting older (and eat a lot more) one pizza isn’t enough. To make the night even more special, I started making these Cornish Game Hens…the whole family loves them.
Breakfast can be more challenging though. When Valentine’s day falls on a weekend, we have time to be creative. Breakfast will always include heart shaped pink pancakes.
But when it falls on a weekday, we need something fast! And that is when you need to reach for this delicious blueberry parfait.
Can You Put Frozen Blueberries in Yogurt?
Yes! In fact, we buy bags of frozen blueberries from Costco and the kids actually keep them frozen in their yogurt.
If you like to take the kids blueberry picking during the summer, just wash and freeze them for later.
In this recipe we actually blend the blueberries into the yogurt to make it a pretty purple color! Pefect for Valentine’s day!
The BEst Dairy Free Yogurt
When we first went dairy free, we had the toughest time finding a decent yogurt replacement. We must have tried them all, even Kite Hill, which most people like.
It wasn’t until we tried Forager Cashew Yogurt that we finally converted! I would suggest you give it a try too!
MAking It fun for Valentine’s Day!
Now we need to make it fun! It is Valentine’s Day, after all! We added just a few little touches to make it more special than your typical everyday breakfast.
- Heart shaped strawberries – I bought these molds and used them to cut mini hearts out of the strawberries!
- Paleo Chocolate Chips – most chocolate chips are filled with oils and other non-clean ingredients. However, if you can find a Paleo chocolate chip, use that. WildRoots Chocolate chips are my hands-down favorite (check Costco!)
- 1 Cup Yogurt, Dairy free is ok
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries, Frozen
- 1 Tablespoon Honey, or more to taste
- 1/4 Cup Strawberries and Blueberries to garnish
- 1/4 Teaspoon Hemp Hearts, optional
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Paleo Chocolate Chips, optional
- Add the yogurt, frozen blueberries and 1 Tablespoon honey to the blender. Blend until incorporated
- Put the yogurt into a small bowl
- Garnish the smoothie bowl with strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips and hemp hearts
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 51gProtein: 10g