Take your complicated snack recipes and push them aside! I’m about to introduce you to frozen grapes – the easiest snack you will ever make! And your kids will be begging for them too.
Do you ever notice that kids eat all day? I’m not talking about breakfast, lunch and dinner, but snack, snack and more snacks. They can pack it away and still be hungry!
In culinary school, they taught us that different food textures and temperatures mixed together make people full. Even if it is served in small portions – airplane meals are the perfect example.
So why not apply that concept to snacking? Give your kids a box of crackers and I’m sure they can polish it off in no time. But give them a plate of crackers, cold cheese and frozen grapes and they will be satisfied with much less.
Don’t believe me? Try it yourself…and the best part? Frozen grapes are Soo easy to make!
How To Serve Frozen Grapes:
- Just serve them as is! Place them in a bowl and let the kids have at it!
- Add a yogurt dip. Try blending yogurt with fruits to make fun colors!
- They are delicious any time of year but especially great in the summer.
- Add it to drinks as ice cubes. It also works in adult beverages because it won’t water down the drink.
- For a fun summer game, let the kids try to throw grapes into each others mouths. Just supervise to make sure no one chokes.
Tips for Preparing Frozen Grapes
- Grapes are one of the dirty dozen. If you didn’t buy organic grapes, be sure to wash them thoroughly with a vegetable cleanser.
- Let the grapes dry before freezing. This will keep them from sticking together once frozen. I just let them sit in a colander for 45 minutes.
- If you are going to serve them later that day, or the following day, you can freeze them in a bowl.
- If you will be serving them after a day or two, freeze them in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn.
- 1 pound Grapes
- Wash the grapes thoroughly.
- Dry the grapes in a salad spinner or let sit in a colander
- Place the grapes in an airtight container or bag
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until frozen
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information was calculated automatically. Please verify accuracy