Fruit Spring Rolls are a kid version of a Vietnamese spring roll and quite possibly the best way to enjoy sweet summer fruits! These are easy enough for kids to roll themselves, making it a fabulous choice for a BBQ, party or just a warm summer afternoon!
I fell in love with spring rolls right about the same time I discovered Pho! They were a nice, cool balance to the hot and savory Pho broth. And once we had kids, we got creative!
Not only do the kids love these, but I love that the fruits are all wrapped up in a nice little pocket – meaning less mess! These are now a favorite and for good reason. Be sure to add these to your list of clean eating snacks for your next kid birthday party!
Here is what you will need to make these delicious Fruit Spring Rolls:
- Fruit – These are our favorites, but use what your family loves: Apples, Pears, Watermelon, Mango, Melons, Strawberries, Berries or Kiwis
- Rice Paper Wraps
- Hot Water
- Yogurt for dipping – Optional
We have made these a number of times and they are especially fun at a party! But there are a couple of tips that might help to make this easy dish even easier!
Tips for Making Spring Rolls:
- Use a plate for the warm water. You are going to be dipping the rice paper wrappers in the warm water and it is easiest to do this if the water is on a plate.
- Don’t oversoak the wrappers. Just dip the rice paper wrappers in the warm water for 10 seconds then start working with it. It will still be a little harder than you might like, but it will continue to soften as you add the ingredients
- Give each kid a little plate to put their fillings on. Depending on the age of the kids, they will touch everything on the platter!
- Younger kids may need help wrapping, but for the most part these are foolproof!
How to Make Fruit Salad Rolls
Step #1: Cut the fruit into matchsticks. Slice any fruits that you would like to showcase through the wrapper
Step #2: Put a plate on your work surface and fill it with hot water (it does not need to be boiling)
Step #3: Place the rice paper in the warm water to coat it. Only leave it for about 10 seconds.
Step #4: Gently place the rice paper onto a plate or cutting board. In the middle of the wrapper, place the fruits that you would like to see through the wrapper. I like to use strawberries and kiwis.
Step #5: Place the rest of the matchstick fruits on top of the first layer of fruits
Step #6: Roll one edge of the rice paper and tuck it under the fruits. Then tuck in the sides and roll the rest of the wrapper.
Step #7: Serve alone or with a yogurt dip!
If you enjoyed this Kid Friendly Recipe, here are some others you might like:
- One Pan Sauteed Kale With Prosciutto
- Easy Homemade Fruit Popsicles With Coconut Water
- Grilled Bread Skewers – The BBQ Side Dish You Didn’t Know You Needed!
- Gluten-Free Mini Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Vegan Ice Cream – Just 3 Ingredients!
- 15 Rice Paper Wrappers
- 5 Cups of fruits cut into matchsticks
- 5 strawberries cut into slices (use any fruit you would like to show through the wrapper)
- 1/3 Cup Hot Water
- Slice the strawberries (or fruit that you are using that will show through the wrapper)
- Cut the remaining fruit into matchsticks that are about 6 inches in length
- Pour the hot water into a plate, being careful not to splash.
- Place one rice paper wrapper into the hot water for 10 seconds. Make sure the entire wrapper gets wet.
- Place the wet wrapper on a plate or cutting board
- In the middle of the wrapper, place several slices of fruit that you sliced in step #1
- Place the matchstick fruit on top of the fruit slices. Add as much or as little as you would like. The more you add, the thicker the roll will be.
- Fold one corner of the rice paper over the fruit. Tuck in the sides and continue rolling.
- Serve and Enjoy!
You will need a plate for this recipe. The plate should be as large as the rice paper wrapper.