Disclaimer: I received the Radiance Nebulizing Diffuser for free from Organic Aromas in exchange for a review. However, all opinions are my own and were not influenced by the company.
Like a Favorite Song…
Scented candles are the best! They are like an old song. With just one scent, you can be transported back to another time. Fond memories come flooding back and your body instantly relaxes. When we were in college, we were obsessed with lotions from a specific store in the mall! This was before the internet really took off, so we would go to the mall every few weekends to see if there were any new scents. If there were, we had to buy them to add to our collection. This also included the room spray and body washes. To this day, those floral and fruity scents remind me of the carefree and fun life that we had! I would never want to be that young again, but I sure have some fond memories. I remain best friends with several of those ladies and our kids now play together.
As I grew up, I also learned more about the chemicals found in these commercial products. They were filled with all sorts of chemicals including phalates and artificial fragrances. Once I had my own kids, I knew that I didn’t want them around these things. It was a long journey, but I eventually discovered essential oils and they have changed everything.
Organic Aromas and Essential Oils
A few years ago we packed up the family and moved to our forever home (at least until the kids move out!). I threw away all of our candles, and anything that contained artificial fragrances. Halfway through winter in the new house, I started to get depressed about having an unscented home. That’s when I started looking in to essential oils. There were so many scents to choose from and I loved the therapeutic benefits for asthma and allergies. So off I went to buy a couple of cheap diffusers to test out the different scents. I fell in love instantly but I did notice that the scent wasn’t as strong as I had hoped. I wanted the diffused oil to remove the old house smell that lingered by the front door, but the smell was staying in the living room.
One day, while searching for a deal on organic essential oils, I stumbled across a company called Organic Aromas. They carried a whole line of oils that were therapeutic grade and organic. But they also sold beautiful essential oil diffusers. I had never seen a diffuser like this before and I needed to have one in my life.
Organic Aromas Radiance Nebulizing Diffuser
Organic Aromas sent me the Radiance Nebulizing Diffuser to try out. I chose this design because it matches our living room decor and I love the way it blends in with the wood furniture that we already have. The wooden base of the diffuser is hand crafted and the glass reservoir is a custom blown glass, adding a touch of elegance to the piece.
The box arrived undamaged and in great shape. The product was packed securely in foam and the product was in perfect condition. The company also included their signature essential oil blend whcih contains Elemi, Clary Sage, Cajeput, Bergamot and Chamomile Morocco.
The diffuser needs to be assembled, but it is as easy as sticking the glass reservoir into the wood base and plugging it in. The two eye droppers are needed to clean the glass reservoir. Instructions are included. Add around 20 drips to the reservoir and turn it on. The LED mood lighting instantly turns on and the oil is diffused.
The diffuser will stay on for 2 hour increments, however it will be on a 2-minutes on, 1-minute off pattern. I wasn’t sure this would work, but the diffuser is so efficient that the room saturates very quickly and would actually be overpowering if left on any longer than that.
The diffuser is unique because it uses the Bernoulli’s principle to turn the essential oil into a mist of fine micro-dropplets. I know what you’re thinking…I had to look up Bernoulli’s principle too! In the end, there is no quick way to describe it. You can read more about it on this Organic Aromas page where they have a diagram and step by step description of the process.
Benefits of a Nebulizing Essential Oil Diffuser
Though I struggled with the concept of how it works, it was easy to understand the benefits of having a diffuser that utilizes this principle. I have listed the benefits below as shown on the company website but I have also added my thoughts and experiences:
- Completely safe to use with no heat utilized in the diffusing process. – This is true, there is no heat to diffuse the oil and the unit stays cool to the touch while in use
- Provides complete and widespread dispersal of essential oils over large area. -YES YES and YES, my favorite part! The oil is not diluted, so the scent spreads through the entire house.
- Extremely quiet so it doesn’t disrupt work, play, or sleep – it only enhances it. – Not sure about enhancing sleep but it is definitely quiet and relaxing
- Does not contain plastic, will not off-gas, completely non-toxic. – My second favorite feature is that there is no plastic. We try so hard to avoid plastic in our life but it was nearly impossible with diffusers. With other diffusers, the water sits in the plastic reservoir, sucks up the chemicals from the plastic and then diffuses it in to the air. Yuck.
- Essential oil is not diluted, which means you get only powerful, pure aroma. – The scent from the essential oil is noticeably stronger than with other diffusers.
- High quality and reliable, will last for years. – I haven’t had my diffuser long enough to comment here, but it does seem like it will last a long time.
- Delivers the complete therapeutic value of essential oils to you. – because the oil is not diluted, you obtain the maximum health benefits
- Doesn’t add moisture or humidity to the air in your home. – I have noticed that there is no additional moisture in the air. The diffused oil is a very fine mist of smoke. I have to say that I actually like the humidity that other diffusers add to the air.
- Uses a miniscule amount of electricity. – I’ll have to take their word on this one
Last Words on the Radiance Nebulizing Diffuser
I wanted to mention the one and only thing that surprised me about this diffuser. I had imagined from the pictures that it would be around 12 inches tall. However, when it arrived, it was much smaller. The base is around 2 1/2 inches high and the glass diffuser is only 4 1/2 inches high. So it is pretty small. This doesn’t impact the efficiency of the diffuser and considering the small amount of oil that is required, it makes sense. However, don’t buy it as a statement piece for your home. It’s more of a decorative piece for your side table.
That being said, this essentail oil diffuser is wonderful. You can tell by all the positive reviews on their website. Sign up for the Organic Aromas newsletter for discounts and savings!
Have you tried the Organic Aromas diffusers? What was your experience?
Be sure to check out some of the essential oil blends on our page: